Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Step by Step 2009 ~ part 2

Hi everyone,

Thanks for stopping by today, it's great to have you here. Today we continue our look back at journal entries I wrote when I truly and quite literally got into my stride in training for the 2009 challenge. If you missed part 1, you can read it HERE.

December 1, 2009 -Walk minus 27 days! Hello December!
Did a 10 miler today. Worst weather faced so far, but nothing compared to what it *could* be like on hike itself. I'm feeling great physically and truly motivated to give this everything I've got.
The guys and girls risking their lives, just doing their job, is what motivates and inspires me; as do the memories of the trip I took in high school. 
December 2, 2009 - Walk minus 26 days!
Rest day from training. I'm not resting though, I'm concentrating on the fundraising today. If you'd like to sponsor me, please send me a private message. Thanks to everyone for all your support. 
December 3, 2009 - Walk minus 25 days! Did a gentle 3 miler this morning, due to having a lot of work to do today. Feeling well rested after yesterday's rest day  
December 4, 2009 - Walk minus 24 days!
Another slack training day, only 6 miles completed today. I'm as determined as ever to give this my all. Now work has quietened down the training can really intensify, starting with a 12 miler tomorrow! 
December 5, 2009 - Walk minus 23 days!
Did my first 12 mile training hike since Tuesday. I'm feeling great. Thanks again for your support and encouragement, it means so much to me  
December 6, 2009 - Walk minus 22 days!
Rest day! I'm determined to enjoy it, as it may be my last for a while
I spoke to someone yesterday who has corporate connections. They may well have some news for me, by the end of the week, regarding some corporate sponsorship. I'm also hoping to have some news about others by then too.

Next week's schedule has changed a little from that I mentioned earlier in the week.

I'm having blood tests taken in the morning (Mon 12/7), so I won't be doing a 12 mile training session afterwards. Not a great idea! I will, instead, be doing a gentler 4 miler afterwards.

Tuesday (12/8) remains as planned at 4 miles.
I won't now be having a rest day on Wednesday (12/9), instead, I will be doing a 12 miler.
Thursday (12/10) remains as planned at 12 miles.
Friday (12/11) will be either 6 or 10 miles.
Saturday (12/12) will be 12 miles.
Sunday (12/13) WILL be a REST DAY. 
December 7, 2009 - Walk minus 21 days!
I did a short 4 miler this morning. I can't believe that this time in just 3 weeks we'll have completed Day 1 of the hike! WOW!
I may be the one physically doing the hike, but knowing that everyone is with me on this means so much. It keeps me strong. I've been quite tired today, mentally as well as physically.

There are times when just thinking about the schedule for the next four weeks tires me out! I know resting is just as important as the training, if not more so. My last 12 mile training session will happen two weeks from now. That really brings it home how close we're getting to this!
In my next post, I'll be sharing more of this year's Step by Step journal entries, including some photos. Thanks again for your support everyone, it really does mean so much to me.

God bless,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment