Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Step by step 2014 ~ I feel great

Hi everyone,

Before we take a look at my training notes from this week, I want to remind you about an invite that I first posted in last Friday's post Invitation, review and plans...

Over to you ~ an invitationWe've all got a story to tell and I'd love to help you share yours, or those of your loved ones with the readers of this blog.
~ Have you, or do you know anyone who has served in the military, however long ago it was?
~ Perhaps, with the 100th anniversary of the start of World War One approaching, you'd like to share something of that time, or of another conflict, of which we know there have been many
~ Have you overcome adversity in any way?
If you'd like to share anything, you can contact me either via my Facebook page, or by email to emlouisef {at} gmail {dot} com. The address is written in this way here so it's not picked up spam bots, so remember to remove the spaces and replace @ and .
If you'd like to catch up with my previous training notes from this year, you'll find them all HERE.

Friday, May 9, 2014
I again changed things up today, warming up with a single 15 minute rep of the dance workout that I've been doing this far. I then switched up to a "Walk at home", led by Leslie Sansone. I was understandably a little tired after Wednesday's two mile swim, so only did two of the three miles, but I feel great! 

Saturday, May 10, 2014
Stepping on the scales this morning, I saw that I'd not lost any more weight, although I wasn't particularly expecting to, because the loss seems to have settled into an every other week pattern. Today's rest day was a very relaxed one.

Monday, May 12, 2014
Having completed a couple of miles of Leslie's workout last Friday, I did the full three miles today. I found the workout to be a great one and I wish I'd found it when I first started! You can take a look at the one I did here.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Having completed two miles in the pool last week, I eased back to 1-3/4 miles or 84 laps today, the main reason being that I'll be hitting the pool again on Friday. Now I'm more aware of what the distance can take out of me, I took a sports drink to the poolside, leaving it within easy reach as I dropped into the water. 

Unusually, it took me a few laps to find my rhythm and my arms felt a little heavy, but as soon as I settled, I pushed on. I paused for a quick drink after the first 10 laps and then every 20 or so from that point. 

I was able to keep count quite easily today and having reached 50 laps I pushed on. As has become my routine, I switched up the stroke for the last two laps. Gliding in at the end of the final lap I was breathing hard, and stayed low in the water, indeed I dropped to my knees and as soon as I caught my breath I said a prayer of thanks. 

Rising to my feet, I reached for my drink and sipped it before putting it back on the side. I took my goggles off as I walked to the side of the pool and this is when I really felt the benefit of keeping hydrated; climbing out of the pool, my legs weren't heavy, for the very first time. 

Writing this post now, it's a few hours since I got out of the pool. I'm relatively pain free, although I can feel a slight niggle in my left bicep, which I have previously felt. I'll monitor it ahead of the next workout and will, if needed, stay out of the pool until next week. Having said that, I do feel great! 

Thank you!
Thanks again everyone for all your support, encouragement and indeed inspiration. It truly does mean so so much to me! 

I'll leave you with another pic from the high school battlefield trip...

God bless,
Em 

No comments:

Post a Comment